12 February 2011

So Many Nits

So our group recently finished Avatar...no not that one.

The Last Airbender...no not that one.
The cartoon, I'd say Anime, but the anal retentive will yell at me because it's not Japanese. (It's bad when I have to tell you get a life, I work on a blog in my spare time.)

Don't look up nits on Google, they will haunt your dreams.
Anyway where was I before I was interrupted, so we finished all 3 seasons (books according to the DVD packages). And I got to say it was really good. Do I have complaints...yes (I'll cover them in a later review), but for a show that was so consistently good over 61 episodes I feel like I'm just nitpicking. (See, the picture is related. By the way, that's the cutest picture of a nit I could find.)

But the real reason I'm posting is that I have decided to watch The Last Airbender, yeah the one we mentioned earlier, the one that has a 7% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Here's some fan reactions when it first came out. (the only thing edited in this clip is the poster, and the 3 hours later tag.)

Here's so real fans reactions. Also you can see Boog's review of it here.

Why am I going to watch this? Because I've recently had bad movies on my mind. Mostly in the thought of at what point does a movie become so bad that we have to relegate it to the wall of shame? Once it's past a certain point of crap (measured in the empirical standard as a unit of Keanu) we should be allowed to download the movie for free. Mostly because the movie industry thinks that piracy is bad but lazy movies are okay.

And yes this standard would be mostly for the Hollywood mainstream movies, just because it shouldn't be possible to create the level of crap they do each year with the amount of money they waste on stupid movies.
Luckily I found The Last Airbender at my local library. I'm hesitant to even pay a dollar to Redbox for this thing. Although I am kind of upset that my tax dollars bought a copy for the local library.

So sorry there's no sports articles this week, but there will be Champions Leauge and Europa League games this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so have fun with those, and I'll probably have something to post in the middle of the week.

And stay tuned for some new sections soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment